If you’ve manually added an uncleared transaction flagged for reconciliation, like a check you wrote to pay a vendor, when Tiller brings that transaction in automatically, you’ll want to reconcile it with the match. The manually added transaction will remain yellow on your Transactions sheet until you reconcile it.
Watch this how to video or read on below:
How to do it:
- Open the Add-ons menu at the top of your Google Sheet.
- Choose Tiller > Business > Reconcile Transactions.
- The Reconcile Transaction(s) dialog window will appear.
- At the top of the window, you will see the manually added transaction that has a match.
- Lower in the window, you will see a list of potential matches, the ones Tiller automatically brought in, (based on exact amount and account).
- If you see the match in the lower table, click on it and click the Match button. The Tiller add-on will then merge the two records. If you don't see the match in the lower table you can skip the transaction to move to the next one that has a match in the list.
- Once you have matched all the manual transactions to their automatic counterparts the dialog will disappear.