If you need to quickly see the total amount spent or earned for a specific set of categories for the entire year for tax reporting you can do this easily with a pivot table by year in a Google Sheet.
If you're just starting out with Tiller you'll only see about 90 days worth of data. Use these steps to get your entire reporting year into your sheet.
- Add the year column to your Transactions sheet
- Select all the data in your Transactions sheet by clicking the square above row 1 and to the left of column A
- Open the Data menu and choose “Pivot table,” which will create a new tab in your spreadsheet.
- On the pivot table configuration sidebar choose “Category” for the row.
- Choose “Year” for the column.
- Choose “Amount” for the values.
- Add any filters you may want to further filter the data like the year or certain categories.