You can connect and existing Google Sheet to the Tiller Money Feeds add-on to automate your bank data to the spreadsheet. Goodbye CSVs!
Note: If you’re already a Tiller customer with an existing Tiller-powered Google Sheet review this What’s New guide.
After installing the add-on and linking the Google Sheet to the Tiller Console you should be aware of the following before clicking “Confirm” after choosing accounts to link:
- If your Google Sheet already has a sheet called “Transactions” the Feeds add-on will be able to feed data to and supported columns with non-formula headers in row 1.
- If it doesn’t have a Transactions sheet already one will be created upon first update.
- A column with a header in row 1 called Date is required for the Transaction feed.
- A "Categories" sheet will also be created if it doesn’t already exist. The Transactions sheet created by the add-on requires a Categories sheet.
- If your Google Sheet already has a sheet called “Balance History” the Feeds add-on will be able to feed data to and supported columns with non-formula headers in row 1.
- If it doesn’t have a Balance History sheet already one will be created upon first update.
- The rest is up to you.
You may need to modify your existing dashboards or analysis sheets to work with the core sheets that Tiller can fill. The sheet names and headers are reserved for Tiller’s feeds to work. (E.g. the Feeds add-on needs a sheet called “Transactions” with at least a “Date” column).
Review our Builder's reference for more information how best to build templates for the Tiller Money Feeds add-on for Google Sheets.
Consider sharing your solution over on the Tiller Money Community to help others and potentially be selected for our monthly winning workflow award. Learn more about sharing solutions.