Considerations Before You Migrate
If you’re an existing Tiller customer who subscribed before August 26, 2019 and you want to take advantage of the Tiller Money Feeds or Tiller Labs add-ons these are the things you should consider:
- You do not have to migrate. If you're happy with your current workflow and template, stick with it.
- Review our guide on Google Sheets add-ons if you're unsure of what the Tiller Money Feeds or Tiller Labs add-on are or how they fit into the ecosystem with Tiller's other add-ons.
- At this time, you cannot use the Tiller Money Feeds add-on to feed data to your existing Google Sheets that were created, owned, and filled by the Tiller Feedbot. The Tiller Console indicates whether a sheet is Feedbot powered or Feeds add-on powered.
- If you want to use the Tiller Money Feeds add-on to feed your sheet, you will need to manually migrate your existing categorized transactions, categories, and any balances you are manually tracking using these steps.
- You can connect Tiller Money Feeds to any non-Feedbot powered Google Sheet, including a blank sheet, your own template, or the Tiller Foundation Template.
- If you switch to using Tiller Money Feeds, and you manually track balances for non-automated accounts on the right side of your Accounts sheet, your workflows with manual balance tracking will change. You'll need to use these steps.
- At some point in the future, we will very likely make it possible "upgrade" your existing Feedbot sheet to prevent duplicates, turn off the Feedbot, and upgrade your Accounts sheet. We also plan to build in the manual balance tracking workflow directly into the Tiller Money Feeds add-on. If you have a workflow and/or template you're happy with, we recommend that you do NOT migrate at this time. Hang tight, we'll make the experience much smoother.
- You can use the Tiller Labs add-on to access and try out new compatible solutions (the Google Sheets templates formerly hosted on the Tiller Console) without migrating to the Tiller Money Feeds add-on. These solutions/templates are now supported in the Tiller Money Community (by members and the Tiller Money team) under Tiller Labs.
- Some Tiller Labs add-on solutions (Debt Progress, Net Worth, Balances) are only compatible with Accounts v2. Follow these steps to upgrade your Accounts in a Feedbot-powered sheet.
- The Tiller Budget with Rollovers for Zero-Sum/Envelope Budgeting is not compatible with the Tiller Foundation Template. The Tiller Foundation Template does not and will not have a rollover capability included.
- AutoCat is still 100% compatible with sheets powered by the Tiller Money Feeds add-on.