About the v2 Accounts Sheet
The new Accounts sheet (v2) comes installed by default in the Tiller Foundation Template and is required for Balances v2 (that have totals summed for groups), Debt Progress, and the Net Worth Tracker installed via the Tiller Labs add-on. It is intended for overriding or customizing accounts only (i.e. correcting the class, asset or liability, and using Groups to organize your accounts). It does not include the ability to manually track balances as did the right side area of the v1 Accounts sheet.
Accounts v2 leverages the Account ID column in the Balance History sheet, whereas Accounts v1 does not. Read more below on how to upgrade your Accounts sheet if you're trying to install a solution via Tiller Labs that requires Accounts v2.
How to upgrade to the v2 Accounts sheet
NOTE: You only need to perform these steps if your Accounts sheet does not look like the one in the image above and you're trying to install a solution using the Tiller Labs add-on that requires Accounts v2.
- Follow these steps to update your Balance History sheet to use Account ID instead of Index.
- In your Google Sheet, rename the Accounts sheet (right click the tab) to Accounts-Archive.
- Delete the Balances sheet in your Google Sheet. (right click to delete)
- Install the Tiller Labs add-on. Read more on the Tiller Labs and get support for it here.
- Open the Tiller Labs add-on and click Add a solution
- Choose "Balances" to add the latest version of the Balances sheet. This will automatically add the new Accounts sheet.
- Copy/paste over any class overrides or group information from the Accounts-Archive into the new Accounts sheet.
Manually tracking balances
If you manually track balances for non-automated accounts you'll need to
- Add a unique Account ID for each manual account to all entries for the account. We recommend an alpha-numeric ID and it can be as simple as 1a, 1b, etc. For compatibility with the Tiller Money Feeds add-on we recommend pre-pending the ID with "manual:" (no quotes). (e.g. manual:1a, manual:1b)
- You'll need to manually add balance history entries for each manual account when the balances changes. If you prefer not to have to manually add balance history entries, consider transitioning to a Tiller Money Feeds sheet.