About the v2 Accounts Sheet
The new Accounts sheet (v2) comes installed by default in the Tiller Foundation Template and is required for Balances v2 (that have totals summed for groups), Debt Progress, and the Net Worth Tracker. It is intended for overriding or customizing accounts only (i.e. correcting the class, asset or liability, and using Groups to organize your accounts). It does not include the ability to manually track balances as did the right side area of the v1 Accounts sheet.
Accounts v2 leverages the Account ID column in the Balance History sheet, whereas Accounts v1 does not. Read more below on how to upgrade your Accounts sheet if you're trying to install a solution via Tiller Labs that requires Accounts v2.
How to upgrade to the v2 Accounts sheet
NOTE: You only need to perform these steps if your Accounts sheet does not look like the one in the image above and you're trying to install a solution using the Tiller Labs add-on that requires Accounts v2.
- Open the Balance History sheet (it might be hidden, click the four horizontal lines in the lower left corner of your sheet).
- Insert a column to the right of the Institution column (right click the column and choose "Insert 1 right").
- Title the column Account ID in the header cell (row 1 for the blank new column).
- Select the entire column by clicking the letter header, open the Format menu at the top of the Google Sheet, and choose "Plain Text."
- Visit the Tiller Console to kick off an update of your sheet so the Account ID gets populated for each of your automated account. If you don't get an update, you can edit the Account Nickname under Account Summary (click the pencil icon) to push an update.
- In your Google Sheet, rename the Accounts sheet (right click the tab) to Accounts-Archive.
- Install the Tiller Labs add-on
- Add a solution that has the Accounts sheet as a dependency (Net Worth, Balances, Debt Progress require Accounts v2). You can delete your existing Balances sheet if you'd like to get the latest version via Tiller Labs.
- Copy/paste over any class overrides or group information from the Accounts-Archive into the new Accounts sheet.
If you manually track balances for non-automated accounts use these steps to manually track balances with Accounts v2.
Special Steps for Net Worth Tracker
If you are using the Net Worth Tracker installed via the Tiller Labs add-on you will need an Account ID entry for ALL balance history entries in your Balance History sheet. After you have an automatic update come through that automates an Account ID for your Accounts follow these steps.
- Turn on the filter in the Balance History sheet (ignore any warnings about editing the sheet and choose "don't warn me for 5 minutes).
- Sort the Balance History sheet by the Account Name or Account Number column.
- Copy the Account ID for an account.
- Click the first empty Account ID cell for that same account.
- Hold shift and scroll to the last Balance History entry with a blank Account ID for that same account.
- Right click and choose "Paste Special > Values Only" to fill in the Account ID for all Balance History entries for the account.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for all accounts.
- Sort your sheet by the Date column Z>A.
NOTE: If you changed the name of your account at any point on the Tiller Console to give it a nickname you may see other entries for the same account with a different name so if the Account Numbers are unique across your accounts, that is a better sorting option.