Open banking is a new secure industry standard allowing Tiller Money to offer faster and more reliable bank data feeds from your institutions to your spreadsheets. You can read more about what all this means here on the Tiller Money Community.
So far we support the following institutions for open banking:
If you're having issues getting any of the above institutions updated to use the open banking connections read on below.
Why do I have to update?
The update process is establishing a one time direct connection between Tiller Money, our data provider (Yodlee) and your bank. You enter your credentials and any security codes or answers as part of the update process, but you are authenticating directly at the bank's site. You'll also authorize Tiller Money to access your transactions and balances. You can revoke this access at any time at the bank's site directly.
How to update the connection
- Visit the Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/google
- Click "Connection > Edit credentials" next to the open banking enabled institution
- Follow the prompts to "update" your connection.
Open Banking Troubleshooting
I don't see an option to update my connection
If your "edit credentials screen" doesn't look like the below and there is no indication to update, it likely means you’re still on the older integration with our data provider. You can reach out to our team via chat to ask for confirmation. If you’re interested in early access workflows for migrating to the newer integration, please fill out this form.
I'm getting an error during the update process
If you get partway through the update process and get an error like the below, you can try these steps
- Try again later (we've found these errors are intermittent)
- If you have accounts that are shared with/originating from another login at the same institution, try unchecking those accounts during the authorization/consent process.
- Make sure you have enabled 3rd party cookies for Tiller Money
- Try a different browser
- Try in a private (incognito) browser session
- Try changing your password directly at the bank site and then try again in Tiller Money
If none of the above work, reach out to our team for help via the chat.