In our How to Choose a Google Sheets Template Guide, we reference a number of "characteristics" for the templates. Use the information below to understand what those characteristics mean.
⚙️ Powerful scripts and automation
Templates with this characteristic include behind the scenes scripts, either included as bound scripts, or scripts that run via the Tiller add-on for Google Sheets. They help automate certain workflows. These require giving permissions for the scripts to run in the background on your behalf.
🍰 Spreadsheet beginner friendly
Templates with this characteristic are great for those who are new to spreadsheets. They’re simple to set up, understand, and use.
🧰🔌 Part of the Tiller add-on
Templates with this characteristic are part of the Tiller add-on for Google Sheets. This means you can install this template’s features into other Tiller templates if you want to combine the feature sets of one of these templates with another you’re already using. Eventually, we hope to make all of our templates part of the Tiller add-on.
✂️ Easy to modify
Templates with this characteristic make the formulas and queries that do the hard work to calculate values or generate reports available to you. They’re usually in hidden cells out to the right of a reporting sheet. If you love to tinker, or you’re advanced with spreadsheets, you can modify these to meet your specific needs or use them for inspiration to build your own reports and calculations.
🌎 Characteristics Shared by All Tiller's Google Sheets Templates
- All of our templates include a Transactions sheet and Balance History sheet.
- You can add in your own custom sheets to any of our templates.
- You can install AutoCat, our category automation tool, into any Tiller produced template via the Tiller add-on for Google Sheets.
- You can copy in any of our customized reporting sheets from our Reports Master spreadsheet into any Tiller Google Sheets template.
- You can install the Transaction Splitter add-on (separate from the Tiller add-on) into any of our Tiller Google Sheets templates for splitting transactions across multiple categories.