To check whether you might need to archive your data due to a Google Sheet size limits learn more about the Size My Sheet Add-on.
To archive a Tiller spreadsheet
These steps are for creating a historical copy of your Tiller spreadsheet with the data that’s in it today.
- Open the Tiller spreadsheet you want to archive.
- Open the File Menu
- Click Create a copy
- Give the copy a name (2017 Tiller Spreadsheet) or whatever makes sense for you.
- Choose where you want to save it on your Google Drive.
- Click OK
Removing Previous Year’s Data
If you’ve followed the archiving steps above and want to move the previous year’s data from your live Tiller spreadsheet follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Tiller spreadsheet you opened in step 1 above.
- Open the Transactions sheet
- Scroll down to the last transaction for the previous year.
- Click the row number for that transaction and press the shift key.
- While holding down shift, scroll down and click the row number for the first transaction from the previous year.
- Right click and choose “Delete rows…”
Your data from that previous year is available in the copy you made on your Google Drive in the archiving steps.