A category report is great if you need to see a breakdown of business expenses for a specific category. The Category Report details line item transactions across the selected period grouped by the transaction description.
Generating a Category report
- Make sure you have categorized transactions within the desired reporting period.
- Open the Add-ons menu at the top of your Tiller spreadsheet.
- Choose Tiller > Business > Generate Report.
- Choose the Category Report radio option in the sidebar that appears.
- Choose Select Report.
- Select a category to report on.
- Choose the desired time range settings for the report.
- Optionally, enter any range filters for the amount field.
- Click Create Report.
A new, readily-printable tab will appear along the bottom of your Google Sheet with the sheet name “Cat Report” containing a report per your configuration settings.
Printing or Saving the Report
Each time you generate a Category Report, a new tab will appear along the bottom. Feel free to print the report, either a physical copy or to a PDF, and then delete the report tab from your Tiller spreadsheet if you no longer need it after the original report generation.