Any time a change is made to your Tiller-powered Google Sheet, it is automatically recorded in the Version History. Reviewing the Version History is a great way to find out what changes a collaborator might have made or choose a restore point if something has gone wrong in your sheet.
To review the Version History:
- Open the “File” menu of your Google Sheet
- Choose "Version History” menu item to open the Version History sidebar.
- Click any revision in the list to select it and see what changes were made.
Note: The color of the highlight corresponds to the person (or account) that made the change, which is also indicated in the revision history sidebar.
More Detailed Revisions
You can expand sections of the revision history to review more detailed revisions.
Restoring your sheet to a previous version
Before restoring your sheet to a previous version, you should understand the following:
- If you're having an issue with a dashboard or template sheet created by Tiller or Tiller Labs, such as the Monthly Budget, Yearly Budget, Insights, and others available via the Tiller Labs add-on, you can use the Tiller Labs add-on to restore that sheet back to it's original working order. This is the recommended method of restoring dashboard and template sheets.
- If you need to restore a sheet to a previous version that is powered by the Feed Bot (created prior to August 26, 2019) the Transactions that have populated since that restore point will not be brought into the sheet again. Make a copy of your Google Sheet as a backup so you'll have the most recent transactions and then copy/paste those transactions into the restored sheet.
How to restore to a previous version:
- Choose the version you want to restore from in the Version History sidebar.
- Click the "restore this version" button at the top.
If you get an error during the restore:
Sometimes there is an error restoring the sheet to a previous version. We are aware of this issue, and it is a Google Sheets bug.
- For Tiller Money Feeds powered Google Sheets click the ... next to the version you want to restore from and choose "make a copy." IMPORTANT: if you do this step for a Feed Bot sheet (created before August 26, 2019) you will get duplicate transactions in your sheet after step 5 below.
- Launch the Tiller Money Feeds add-on from the Add-ons menu at the top of the Google Sheet.
- Choose "Link sheet."
- Select the accounts that were feeding into this sheet in the original.
- Click "Confirm".
- Open the original Tiller spreadsheet and choose "unlink this sheet" under the Settings section of the Tiller Money Feeds add-on to remove the sheet from your Tiller Console and free up one of your 5 spots.
The Tiller Money Feeds add-on should update your sheet with the latest transactions and balances since the restore point.