First, let's make sure your accounts are refreshing.
- Visit the Tiller Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/google and sign in with your Tiller-subscribed Google account
- Scroll down to the Account Summary. Click the blue “Refresh” button next to institutions that haven't refreshed in the last 36 hours. White refresh buttons indicate a refresh in the last 36 hours.
Note: If you see "error" instead of refresh, just click "Connection > Edit credentials" to try and refresh your account(s). If you get an error during this process, check our guide here.
Next, let's make sure your sheet is up to date
If you've recently refreshed your accounts in the Account Summary on the Tiller Money Console but still aren't seeing recent transactions here are some steps to help you figure out what's going on.
For Tiller Money Feeds powered Google Sheets
- Open the add-ons menu
- Choose Tiller Money Feeds > Launch (or Open Sidebar)
- Click “Update sheets” in the sidebar
- Navigate to the Settings section in the add-on and make sure the Auto Update is toggled on so future updates can happen automatically.
For Feed Bot powered Google Sheets
When you open your sheet you should see new data appear automatically within a few moments of the refresh steps above.
For Excel workbooks
- Launch the Excel add-in from the Data ribbon in Excel.
- Sign in to the add-in using your Tiller-subscribed gmail account.
- Click “update” to pull the latest transaction and balance data for your accounts.
Next, check for transactions sheet configurations issue
If you tried the above steps and are still not seeing recent transactions
- Confirm you don't have any filters turned on in your Transactions sheet that might be hiding the data
- Make sure your Transactions sheet is sorted by date from newest to oldest.
If using a Feed Bot sheet, it may be misconfigured.
- Double check that the word “Date” is in the header row (row 1) in your Transactions sheet and is spelled correctly.
- Double check that the Transactions sheet (tab) is named Transactions.
If you notice the word “Date” is missing the transactions are being fed, but are at the bottom of the Transactions sheet and cannot be sorted to the top because the date data is missing. In this case you’ll need to create a new test sheet and manually copy/paste the date data from the test sheet into your original sheet.
It's not a configuration issue, and I'm still missing transactions
If you're still not seeing your recent transactions you'll likely need to reach out to our team. Use the chat tool on the Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/google
- Name of accounts or institutions affected (e.g. is it a specific account at an institution, all accounts at an institution, or all accounts connected?).
- Date range of missing transactions.
- Name of the spreadsheet affected.
Missing a batch of transactions
If you’re receiving recent transactions for an account, but missing a batch of historical transactions check the following:
- Are there any filters turned on in your Transactions sheet?
- Tiller can usually pull 30-90 days worth of historical transactions from the time you connect the account. If the transactions are older then this range we may not be able to pull them and you can manually add them.
- If the batch of missing transactions is from a time range that you believe should have been pulled in create a test sheet to see if the gap of transactions pulls into the test sheet. If they show up in the test sheet you can copy/paste the transactions from the test sheet into your original sheet. If they do not show up there, manually add them via a CSV export from your bank.
Not seeing transactions from a newly added account
If you’re not seeing any transactions for a newly added account double check that the account is linked to the sheet.