Troubleshooting missing transactions
This help article documents the following cases for missing transactions:
- Recently cleared transactions are not available in your sheet after 36 hours
- Missing a batch of historical transactions
- Not seeing transactions from a newly connected account
Recently cleared transactions are missing
If you haven’t received recent cleared transactions in the last 36 hours we recommend refreshing accounts from the Tiller Console and then initiating or checking for updates.
- Visit the Tiller Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/google and sign in with your Tiller-subscribed Google account
- Scroll down to the Account Summary. Click the “Refresh” button next to the Account that’s missing transactions or “Refresh all accounts” if you’re not seeing any new transactions.
- Wait for the buttons to change to “Recently refreshed,” “Refresh w/ MFA,” or “Fix”. For “Refresh w/MFA” or “Edit or Fix” click the button and refresh the accounts.
- Open your sheet.
For Tiller Money Feeds powered Google Sheets (All sheets created after 8/26/2019)
- Open the add-ons menu
- Choose Tiller Money Feeds > Launch (or Open Sidebar)
- Click “Update sheets” in the sidebar
For Feed Bot powered Google Sheets (sheets created before 8/26/2019)
When you open your sheet you should see new data appear automatically within a few moments of the refresh steps above.
For Excel workbooks
- Launch the Excel add-in from the Data ribbon in Excel.
- Sign in to the add-in using your Tiller-subscribed gmail account.
- Click “update” to pull the latest transaction and balance data for your accounts.
Misconfigured sheet is preventing proper feed of recent transactions
If you tried the above steps and are still not seeing recent transactions your sheet may be misconfigured.
Feed Bot powered sheets require that the word “Date” be in the header row (row 1) in your Transactions sheet and that the Transactions sheet (tab) is named Transactions.
Double check this and make sure they’re spelled correctly. If you notice the word “Date” is missing the transactions are being fed, but are at the bottom of the Transactions sheet and cannot be sorted to the top because the date data is missing. In this case you’ll need to create a new test sheet and manually copy/paste the date data from the test sheet into your original sheet.
Tiller Money Feeds sheets will show a "spreadsheet incompatible message" in the sidebar of the add-on after launching the add-on if the word "Date" is missing in the Transactions or Balance History sheets.
If you have reviewed and tried the above steps and are still not seeing recently cleared transactions or you have issues re-authenticating one of your accounts reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information
- Name of accounts or institutions affected (e.g. is it a specific account at an institution, all accounts at an institution, or all accounts connected?).
- Date range of missing transactions.
- Name of the spreadsheet affected.
Missing a batch of transactions
If you’re receiving recent transactions for an account, but missing a batch of historical transactions check the following:
- Are there any filters turned on in your Transactions sheet?
- Tiller can usually pull 30-90 days worth of historical transactions from the time you connect the account. If the transactions are older then this range we may not be able to pull them and you can manually add them.
- If the batch of missing transactions is from a time range that you believe should have been pulled in create a test sheet to see if the gap of transactions pulls into the test sheet. If they show up in the test sheet you can copy/paste the transactions from the test sheet into your original sheet. If they do not show up there, manually add them via a CSV export from your bank.
Not seeing transactions from a newly added account
If you’re not seeing any transactions for a newly added account double check that the account is linked to the sheet.
For Tiller Money Feeds sheets:
- Open the sheet where the transactions are missing
- Open the add-ons menu and choose Tiller Money Feeds > Launch (or Open sidebar)
- Click “Linked accounts” and make sure there is a checkmark next to the new account. If not, link the account and click confirm. Data will populate into the sheet for this account.
For Feed Bot sheets:
- Log into your Tiller Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/google.
- Scroll down to the name of the sheet and click the sheet name to expand.
- Use the checkboxes to connect the new account to the sheet.
- Repeat that for any other sheets where you'd like to see transactions from this account.