Here's our recommended workflow for getting started with Tiller Money Feeds for Google Sheets. You can also feed data to your own template or a blank Google Sheet, which are documented below.
- Click to open the Foundation template. You can add other reports and dashboards for tracking spending, net worth, or debt payoff later.
- Click “Use Template” in the upper right
- Click “Add to Sheets” in the sidebar that should appear on the right.
- Authorize the add-on to run with the Google account you use for Tiller Money.
- Click “Use” in the sidebar
- Sign in to the add-on using the Google Account you used to subscribe to Tiller Money.
- Click “Link sheet” in the sidebar
- Choose which accounts you want to feed data into the sheet and confirm.
- Review the Quick Insights and start customizing your Categories.
- Get started with AutoCat (beta) for faster categorizing workflow.
If you have any issues with the above steps, review the troubleshooting guide at the bottom of this help article.
How to add more reports and dashboards
The Foundation is a great starting point for budgeting and tracking, but if you have more specific needs or just want to explore what’s possible you can install the Tiller Labs add-on to build on top of your “foundation.”
These solutions are supported by our team in the Tiller Money Community. If you have questions about anything installed via the Tiller Labs add-on please post your question in the Tiller Money Community and a team or community member will reply soon. We do this for the one to many benefit of the Q &A.
- Install the Tiller Labs add-on for Google Sheets
- Open the Tiller Labs add-on from the Add-ons menu at the top of your Foundation Template
- Accept the privacy and experimental tool disclaimers. Read more about Tiller Labs here.
- Click “Add a solution” in the sidebar to explore solutions supported by our team in the Tiller Money Community.
Using Tiller Money Feeds in my own template or a blank Google Sheet
You can feed data into any Google Sheet using the Tiller Money Feeds add-on If you prefer not to start in the Foundation template, you can connect the Tiller Money Feeds add-on to your own template or a blank Google Sheet.
- If using your own template, make sure your sheet is compatible with the Feeds add-on otherwise open a blank Google Sheet from your Google Drive (be sure to use the Google Drive associated with the Google Account you used to sign up for Tiller Money).
- Install the Tiller Money Feeds add-on
- Open the Google Sheet you want to feed data into
- Open the Add-ons menu > Tiller Money Feeds > Sign in to Tiller
- Sign in to the add-on using the Google Account you used to sign up for Tiller Money
- Click “link sheet” in the sidebar
- Choose the accounts you want to feed into the sheet and click “Confirm”
If you’re building your own templates for Tiller Money Feeds you may want to check out the Builder’s Reference on the Tiller Money Community.
Transitioning from a Feed Bot Sheet
If you would like to transition from using a Feed Bot sheet review this guide.
Not sure what a Feed Bot sheet is? Read up on that here. If you signed up for Tiller Money after August 26, 2019 this won't apply to you.